Information Sources Index
Follow the trail
Find the right VolResource page via the descriptions given here.
Links to VolResource pages covering:
- Professional bodies and networks.
- Publications and other resources.
- Other information areas.
- Information as an issue.
More details on the other section index pages (as per menu on the left) are below.
- The main sector bodies, managerial support and development, national hubs of expertise.
- Voluntary sector suppport bodies for functions or activities (e.g. finance, community transport).
- Issue-focused support bodies (e.g. advice, youth). Also see Areas of Concern section.
- Specialist bodies for volunteer management, community groups.
- Some general professional bodies of interest without known charity/ vol org contacts.
- Sector policy and development, sector research.
- Working with government, compacts etc is under Working Relations.
- Local or regional voluntary organisations and community IT resources.
- European and Irish contacts.
- Key information web sites, news sources and blogs for the voluntary sector, charity directories.
- Printed Magazines, general or for specific areas.
- Publishers of books, CD-ROMs etc for the voluntary sector.
- Buy Books Direct. Titles available on VolResource topics, readily available from Directory of Social Change, Amazon.co.uk, etc.
- Case Studies (WorkScene). Some articles looking at organisations tackling a subject in real life.
- Funding and Grants Funding bodies with useful web sites/online applications, plus Funding Strategies.
- Awards Recognition and prizes for organisational or individual achievement.
- Lobbying page for government (local, national, regional) and related web sites.
- For Media contacts, look at Getting your message across.
- Research Resources gives sources of in-depth analyses.
- VoluntaryNews. Our News and Events Listings section.
- Information and Knowledge Management.
- Voluntary Sector and IT - research, reports and project.
- A Resource Extra page covers Information Society issues, including ICT Access for All.
- Web services, Web Tips, general IT/computer services.
- News and Events.
- Management, Admin and Finance including Tax, Legal, Governance, Registration.
- People Matter Employment, payroll, training, volunteer and people management.
- Services - suppliers and service providers who have voluntary sector leanings.
- Software and Technology Membership, finance and other specialist software; TechTips; Web.
- Taking Action Lobbying, media, research, for the organisation and personally.
- Areas of Concern Links to organisations active on various issues.
- Reviews of books and other publications; resource round-ups for particular areas.
- WorkScene: case studies.
- Sample documents and checklists.
- Work opportunities.