VolResource aims to make it quick and easy to get to useful information on anything to do with running a voluntary organisation (whether a community group, charity or other non-profit body).
There is a wide range of material on this web site and as visitors come with a range of expectations and experience, we provide a number of ways to locate what you want. See About the Site for a fuller explanation.
- There is a description below of the Section Index pages (listed in the Site Menu on the left).
- Most VolResource pages will have a lead section giving an indication of content and possible connected areas or confusions ('Follow the Trail'). Also watch out for a Section Menu just underneath the page banner.
- The Contents Link Table is the fastest way to get to a page if our logic fits with yours.
- While the search facility is basic, it should be OK for those who prefer this approach. See the Search information page.
- The voluntary sector glossary can be a good way of finding out about what is behind particular jargon.
Please note that old browser software may not display all features well - we recommend using Firefox.
New and Noted
Our CharityBlog website has been dormant for some while, but we are trying out some new social media features (using Storify for WordPress). Please check it out and give us your views and suggestions. CharityBlog still has a useful social media links list, by and for the voluntary sector, or aimed at the general public by charities/campaigns.
The old news section on VolResource has been archived, as it is now several years out-of-date. Please see Voluntary News for current items. If there is a particular old VolResource news item you have the previous web address for, you should be able to find it by substituting 'kcnews' in that address with 'newsarchive'.
Here's a draft of an introduction to the sector, putting other pages in the site into context (and hopefully make it easier for newcomers to get started). We would welcome thoughts and contributions - please use email or response form.
We value feedback - whether comments, additions, amendments or just saying hallo. We want to continue to improve this resource for the voluntary sector, and your thoughts can help. See our Response Form for how to get in touch.
Select the appropriate grouping to find what's available:
- Information Sources Sector support bodies, publications, local, regional and European contacts, information issues.
- Management, Admin & Finance, plus tax, legal, governance.
- People Matters Employment issues, training, volunteers and people management.
- Software and Technology Membership, finance and other specialist software, web tips, ICT.
- Taking Action Lobbying, communication, making an impact, research.
- Areas of Concern Find organisations active on a wide range of specific issues.
- Service Providers, such as accountants, designers, office supplies, with a particular interest in charities etc.
- Working in the sector: specialist agencies and web sites.
- Resource Round-ups for particular job functions.
- Relevant and helpful books; Reviews.
- Sample documents and checklists.
- WorkScene Case studies.
- News and Events on VoluntaryNews. The latest news of relevance to those in the voluntary sector, events listings for staff and trustees. Contributions for both news and events welcome (sign up to add direct or use the contact forms).
- CharityBlog - our social media site.
- Weekly email newsletter.
- Our voluntary sector Glossary.
- About the site - how to use VolResource, what we aim to provide, accessibility.
- Site map for full page listing; help on searching.
- Disclaimer (we aren't perfect).
- Contact us.
- How to advertise on VolResource, or make a donation.
- We can provide related consultancy at low cost.
Relevant, useful and quick information for charity, voluntary, community organisations of any size or type.
This page updated 11/12/12
Site contents copyright © VolResource unless otherwise stated.